Pages

Your Life And Style Magazine

Latest News, Sport Update, Inspiration And LifeStyle

Monday 29 February 2016

Donald Trump just can't quite bring himself to denounce the White Supremacists supporting him.

Courtesy of Business Insider:

CNN anchor Jake Tapper repeatedly asked Donald Trump on Sunday to denounce David Duke's support for his candidacy, but Trump insisted he didn't know anything about the former KKK grand wizard. 

"Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don't want his vote and that of other white supremacists in this election?" Tapper asked Trump on "State of the Union." 

But Trump, the Republican presidential frontrunner, said he didn't have enough information to answer the question: 

"I don't know anything about David Duke, OK? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don't know. I mean, I don't know — did he endorse me or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about."

Oddly enough David Duke himself claims that Trump certainly knows him:“I think he knows who I am,” Duke said. “But he doesn’t know what I actually stand for today.”

Which is backed up by the fact that Trump referred to him by name back in 2000:

In 2000, when he ended his presidential campaign, Trump cited Duke's participation in the Reform Party as one reason he no longer wanted the party's nomination. 

"The Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. [Pat][ Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. [Lenora] Fulani. This is not company I wish to keep," he wrote in his statement.

"Hey look I don't know anything about this Hitler fellow that you say I remind you of. You say he's a bad guy, killed a bunch of Jews, but I didn't see it so I don't know. Don't want to condemn the guy until I get all of the facts, and by "facts" I mean input from Right Wing talk radio."

And THIS guy is leading in the race for the presidential nomination in the Republican party.

They must be so proud.

Source http://ift.tt/1oSJN0x

Back To Top