Pages

Your Life And Style Magazine

Latest News, Sport Update, Inspiration And LifeStyle

Thursday 26 March 2015

Josh Groban on Celine Dion's Ailing Husband: Her Voice Gives Him Life

Singer Josh Groban gave some firsthand insight into the marriage of his friends Céline Dion and René Angélil on Wednesday.

"If there's one thing that René loves just beneath the family, her, their personal life, it's her voice, her ability," Groban said on The Talk. "It gives him life. For him to say to her, 'I want you to go out there and give that to the people,' that's typical them."


Josh Groban With Celine Dion
Josh Groban With Celine Dion

Groban was discussing the couple in light of Angélil's battle with cancer and Dion's decision to return to performing at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas as wrote in People.

"Céline and René are such special people. I've been so fortunate to know them," Groban said. "They were one of the reasons I had a career in this business. They were two of the first people to give me a shot. Céline allowed me to sing with her on a Grammy stage when I was 17 years old."


"Everything she emotes when she sings, that's the person she is," Groban said. "René has always been very soft-spoken, but he commands so much respect in this industry."

Dion, 46, discusses her husband's ongoing fight with cancer and her decision to return to performing in the new issue of PEOPLE.

"I am scared of losing him, because it's bad," she says in this week's issue. "But I have to show myself, my husband and my kids that I'm strong and we're okay."

Pick up the new issue of PEOPLE for more from Dion's emotional interview about her husband, their family and her new show

Back To Top