Pages

Your Life And Style Magazine

Latest News, Sport Update, Inspiration And LifeStyle

Monday 16 March 2015

Bruce Jenner On Keeping Up with the Kardashians

Despite Bruce Jenner's hopes to the contrary, the new season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians reveals that there is a divide brewing between the Jenners and the Kardashians.

Bruce Jenner On Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Bruce Jenner On Keeping Up with the Kardashians

Sunday's premiere is timely, given what we now know about Jenner's eventual transition from male to female. While the family has rallied around Jenner in the wake of news that he is transgender, ex-wife Kris has "had the most difficult time of anyone in the family" (as PEOPLE previously reported).

People wrote, That struggle was apparently reflected (or at least foreshadowed) in the KUWTK premiere when Jenner revealed that he was feeling "so separated" from the rest of the Kardashian family. "Kardashians over here and the Jenners over here," he told stepdaughter Kourtney Kardashian. "Little me in the middle."

Speaking directly to KUWTK cameras, Jenner, 65, admitted that "living by myself out in Malibu has been really good. I kind of have my freedom. … The tough part comes when, sometimes, it can get pretty lonely not seeing the kids every day. I certainly wish they would be spending more time out at my house."

Speaking about Kris, Jenner said thatm while she can be "opinionated" and he has enjoyed making his own decisions, "Kris and I spent 24 years together, every day, all the time. So sometimes it's a little tough."

In an attempt to cheer him up and to try to force him to enjoy the single life, Bruce's sons Brody and Brandon decided to throw him a party, festively themed "Bruce on the Loose."

Though Jenner was vocal about wanting to see the whole family together, only daughter Kendall showed up for the festivities. "Kylie was supposed to come," he told Kendall.

"I certainly would've hoped that more of the kids would've come," said Jenner in an on-camera interview. "The only one who showed up was Kendall. I guess things have changed."

The Kardashian girls maintained throughout the episode that they still wanted to see Jenner, though Kourtney admitted, "Since my mom and Bruce have separated and he's not around as much, it's definitely more difficult to always keep in touch, and figuring out how to all stay in each other's lives is definitely going to be an ongoing thing."

Feeling guilty about not showing up to his "Bruce on the Loose" party, the girls decided to take him out to lunch. "It's so good to have all my girls here," said Bruce at the lunch. "I just want you all to know how much I've loved having you guys in my life. I've learned a lot from you. Hopefully I've taught you a lot. But it has been my honor. It just means an awful lot to me."

At that, a flashback reel of Jenner interacting with the girls played, including his tearful speech at Khloé's wedding rehearsal dinner back in 2009.

"Even though my mom and Bruce are divorced now, he's still our dad and we love him," said Kim in an interview. "We just have to get used to our new normal and figure out what our new family dynamic is and we'll all figure it out and will all be fine. It's just going to take a minute to adjust."

Back To Top